“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
THE FEAST OF SS. FRANCIS AND CLARE
Sunday, 7 October
- We honor Joan Carroll upon her retirement as Chair of All Saints’ Haight Ashbury Community Services neighborhood food ministry. Thank you, Joan, for your twenty years of service!
- Enjoy the annual Blessing of the Animals in honor of St. Francis in the Parish Garden after both Masses. Please bring your pets or pictures of them to church and the blessing.
- Children’s Chapel meets at 10 a.m. in the Undercroft, led by Lindset Crittenden. The children will join their families in the church for Holy Communion.
Our annual commemoration of saints as we prepare for our Name Day celebration in November.
Wednesday evenings, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m. Dessert and beverages provided.
- 3 October: Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)
- 10 October: Vida Dutton Scudder (1861-1954)
- 17 October: Ignatius of Antioch (35-115)
- 24 October: Alfred the Great (849-899)
169th CONVENTION OF THE DIOCESE OF CALIFORNIA AT GRACE CATHEDRAL
Friday, 19 October, and Saturday, 20 October
Parish representatives and clergy will attend the annual Convention of the Diocese of California. For more information about the convention visit diocal.org
COMING IN NOVEMBER:
Celebrate 115 Years of All Saints’ Worship and Ministry!
ALL SAINTS’ DAY
Thursday, 1 November, Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ALL SOULS’ DAY
Friday, 2 November, Mass with remembrance of the departed at 6 p.m.
Call or write the Church office with the names of the departed you want remembered by Thursday, 1 November.
ALL SAINTS’ SUNDAY
Sunday, 4 November. Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Farewell to Kenneth Schmidt as he retires from All Saints’ on his 30th anniversary as Rector. Thank you, Kenneth, for your ministry at All Saints’.
- The inauguration of the Stewardship Appeal for 2019, led by Colby Roberts, our Stewardship Officer, and members of the vestry. Special stewardship information will be available in October, Thank you to all who generously pledge to support the worship and ministry of All Saints’.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting as announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 8 October, at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 7 October, 10 a.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 28 October, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (corner of Baker and Grove Streets)