“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Summer 2018 (July & August)
Volunteers Needed for their Time and Talents
There are several opportunities to give your time and talents to All Saints’. Following is a list of what is most needed
- Singers for All Saints’ Choir
- Ushers for 10 a.m. Sunday Masses, Holy Days, Weddings, and Funerals
- Head Usher to coordinate usher assignments
- Volunteers for All Saints’ Saturday morning food program
- Readers for the first lesson at 10 a.m. Sunday Mass
- Readers to lead the intercessions during the Prayers of the People at the 10 a.m. Mass
- Eldercare volunteers to visit residents at the San Francisco Healthcare Home on the fourth Sunday of every month at 2 p.m.
- Altar Party volunteers to serve as torch bearers, crucifer, thurifer, and Lay Minister on Sundays at the 10 a.m. Mass
More details can be found in a list of volunteer positions on the table at the back of the church.
Save the Date!
All Saints 2018 Parish Weekend Away
All Saints’ Annual Parish Retreat will be held from Friday evening, 7 September, to Sunday afternoon, 9 September at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California. Jean McMaster, retreat coordinator, will send information and registration materials over the summer.
The Parish Administrator will be on vacation from 15 August to 22 August. The church office will be closed during this time. Regular office hours will resume beginning Tuesday, 28 August. The Rev. Thomas W. Traylor, Pastoral Associate, will be checking church e-mails and telephone messages in the Administrator’s absence. As needed, messages will be forwarded to Jean McMaster, Senior Warden, or Larry Rosenfeld, Junior Warden.
Sign up sheets for Flowers and Bread and Wine, and “Saints at Work” Building Fund, are on the table at the back of the church. Please help us maintain the beauty of our worship and buildings, and our hospitality to members and visitors. Flowers are offered when a contribution has been made as an honorarium or a memorial.
Schedule for Weeknight Liturgies in July & August:
Monday: Low Mass at 6 p.m.
Tuesday: Evening Prayer at 6 p.m.
Wednesday: Low Mass at 6 p.m.
Thursday: Evening Prayer at 6 p.m.
Friday: Low Mass at 6 p.m.
Special Holy Days this Summer are:
- Sunday 22 July: Mary Magdalene (transferred)
- Wednesday, 25 July: James the Apostle
- Monday, 6 August: The Transfiguration of Our Lord
- Wednesday, 15 August: Mary the Virgin, Mother of Our Lord
- Friday, 24 August: Bartholomew the Apostle
Please Join Us for Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Children’s Chapel In recess until 7 October
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 9 July, and Monday, 13 August, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Program
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 22 June, and Sunday, 26 August, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)