“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
March & April 1st 2018
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A HOLY LENT AT ALL SAINTS’
Opportunities for worship, service, and education
Groundwork Lenten Series: “Teach Us to Pray” See the special flyer for more information. Wednesday evening, 21 February to 21 March. Mass with Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m.; Bag Supper at 6:45 p.m.; Program from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
Haight Ashbury Community Services Food Program: Every Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon in the Parish Hall. Call the church office to volunteer.
Lenten Devotions at Home: Use the special “2018 Lenten Meditations” booklet by Episcopal Relief and Development for your personal and family prayer. Available on the table by the front door.
Eldercare: Sunday, 25 February, and Sunday, 25 March, 2 – 3 p.m. at San Francisco Health Care home. To volunteer call Myron Chapman at (415) 336-7950.
Reconciliation (Private Confession and Absolution): By appointment with any of the priests throughout Lent and Holy Week.
Lenten Offering: Our offering this year will be given to St. Barnabas Episcopal Agricultural School in Terrier-Rouge, Haiti.
Sunday, 4 February
- All children are welcome to our first-Sunday-of-the-month Children’s Chapel in the Children’s Room by the Undercroft during the 10 a.m. Mass, led by Mark Patterson. Story-telling, prayer, and crafts. The children will join the congregation for communion in the church.
San Francisco Deanery Convocation
Saturday, 10 March, from 9 a.m. – Noon
Parish clergy and representatives will attend the March meeting at St. Francis Episcopal Church at 399 San Fernando Way, San Francisco.
Vestry and Officers Retreat
Saturday, 17 March, from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
At the Church of the Advent of Christ the King, 261 Fell Street, San Francisco.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A BLESSED HOLY WEEK AND A HAPPY EASTER
SUNDAY OF THE PASSION: Palm Sunday
Sunday, 25 March
- Mass with Blessing of Palms at 8 a.m.
- Solemn Mass including Liturgy of the Palms and Passion Gospel at 10 a.m.
MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND WEDNESDAY IN HOLY WEEK
26-28 March: Mass at 6 p.m.
- Solemn Mass with Foot Washing at 7 p.m., followed by the Stripping of the Altar.
- The church will be open for the Watch at the Altar of Repose from 8:30-10 p.m.
- Watch at the Altar of Repose from 6 a.m.-Noon.
- Stations of the Cross at 12:15 p.m.
- The Church will be open for prayer until 3 p.m.
- Mass of the Pre-Sanctified with Passion Gospel and Veneration of the Cross at 7 p.m.
HOLY SATURDAY & EASTER EVE
- Office of the Lord’s Burial at 10 a.m.
- The Great Vigil of Easter at 8 p.m., followed by Festal Reception in the Parish Hall.
SUNDAY OF THE RESURRECTION: Easter Day
- Mass at 8 a.m.
- Solemn Mass at 10 a.m., followed by an Easter Egg Hunt in the Parish Garden
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program Children’s Chapel: Sunday, 4 March, at 10 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 12 March at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 25 March, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)