“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A HOLY LENT AT ALL SAINTS’
Opportunities for worship, service, and education
Shrove Tuesday: 13 February: Mass at 6 p.m.; Pancake Supper at 6:30 p.m. A benefit for our Saturday food program, followed by Compline at 7:15 p.m.
Ash Wednesday: 14 February: Mass at 12:15 p.m.; Solemn Mass at 7 p.m. Imposition of ashes at both Masses
Groundwork Lenten Series: “Teach Us to Pray” See the special flyer for more information. Wednesday evening, 21 February to 21 March. Mass with Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m.; Bag Supper at 6:45 p.m.; Program from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
Haight Ashbury Community Services Food Program: Every Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon in the Parish Hall. Call the church office to volunteer.
Lenten Devotions at Home: Use the special “2018 Lenten Meditations” booklet by Episcopal Relief and Development for your personal and family prayer. Available on the table by the front door.
Eldercare: Sunday, 25 February, and Sunday, 25 March, 2 – 3 p.m. at San Francisco Health Care home. To volunteer call Myron Chapman at (415) 336-7950.
Reconciliation (Private Confession and Absolution): By appointment with any of the priests throughout Lent and Holy Week.
Lenten Offering: Our offering this year will be given to St. Barnabas Episcopal Agricultural School in Terrier-Rouge, Haiti.
The Presentation of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Temple
Sunday, 4 February
- All children are welcome to our first-Sunday-of-the-month Children’s Chapel in the Children’s Room by the Undercroft during the 10 a.m. Mass, led by Nancy Lawson. Story-telling, prayer, and crafts. The children will join the congregation for communion in the church.
- The Rev. Davidson Bidwell-Waite, diocesan Missioner to Haiti, will preach at the 10 a.m. Mass to inaugurate our annual Lenten Appeal for St, Barnabas Episcopal Agricultural School in Terrier-Rouge, Haiti.
The Last Sunday after the Epiphany: The Transfiguration, followed by All Saints’ Annual Meeting
Sunday, 11 February, after the 10 a.m. Mass
All are welcome to celebrate another year of our worship and ministry at All Saints’. Written reports from the Rector, officers of the Parish, and the chairs and leaders of all Parish organizations; and the election of three members of the Vestry, a parish representative, and a Trustee of the Endowment; and a forum on our Lenten Appeal and Phase III of the stained glass renovation project. A list of nominees and voting members of the Parish is posted on the bulletin board in the Parish Hall. If there are any discrepancies on the list, please speak to the Rector as soon as possible so we can make corrections.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program Children’s Chapel: Sunday, 4 February, at 10 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 12 February, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 25 February, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)