“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
THE FEAST OF THE HOLY NAME
Tuesday, 2 January 2018
(Transferred from 1 January)
CELEBRATION OF THE EPIPHANY
At All Saints’ we honor the traditional three days commemorated by Eastern Orthodox Churches
The Eve of the Epiphany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Friday, 5 January, Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
The Baptism of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Sunday, 7 January, regular schedule of Sunday Masses
- Children’s Chapel will meet during the 10 a.m. Mass, with the children and teacher joining the congregation at the Peace.
- At the 10 a.m. Mass we will bless to the Glory of God new vestments and an altar frontal designed by Margaret Hamilton and Eva Nuñez, who also sewed them. The vestments are given by Willard Harris in honor of her family; and the altar frontal by Thomas Traylor in honor of his mother, Eva Traylor, in celebration of her 93rd birthday on 16 January.
The Wedding at Cana: Jesus’ First Miracle
Sunday, 14 January, regular schedule of Sunday Masses
Groundwork Series: “Teach Us to Pray”
Wednesday Evenings: 10, 17, 24, 31 January, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
- Come to learn to pray the Anglican rosary by making and writing rosaries in a series led by the Rector, Margaret Taylor, and Kathleen Bean, our Parish Intern.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
COMING IN FEBRUARY
Sunday, 11 February, after the 10 a.m. Mass
All are welcome to celebrate another year of our worship and ministry. Reports from the Rector, officers of the Parish, and the chairs and leaders of all Parish organizations; and the election of four members of the Vestry, two delegates to Deanery and Diocesan Convention, and a trustee of the Endowment. A list of nominees and voting members of the Parish will be posted on the bulletin board in the Parish Hall on Sunday, 21 January.
Tuesday, 13 February
Mass at 6 p.m., followed by a traditional pancake supper to benefit All Saints’ Saturday morning food program.
Wednesday, 14 February
Mass at 12 p.m. and 7 p.m. with the imposition of ashes at both services.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 7 January, at 10 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting Monday, 8 January, at 2 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 8 January, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Program
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 28 January, 2 p.m., at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)