“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
CELEBRATE 114 YEARS OF ALL SAINTS’ WORSHIP AND MINISTRY
ALL SAINTS NAME DAY CELEBRATIONS
ALL SAINTS’ DAY
Wednesday, 1 November, Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ALL SOULS’ DAY
Thursday, 2 November, Mass with remembrance of the departed at 6 p.m.
ALL SAINTS’ SUNDAY
Sunday, 5 November, Solemn Mass at 10 a.m.
- Welcome to The Venerable David Stickley, Archdeacon of the Diocese of California, who will serve as Deacon and preach at the 10 a.m. Mass.
- The ingathering of the Stewardship Appeal for 2018. Thank you to Colby Roberts, our Stewardship Officer, and to all who have generously pledged to support the worship and ministry of All Saints’.
- Children’s Chapel, led by Lindsey Crittenden, will meet during the 10 a.m. Mass, which will be followed by a festive reception in the Parish Hall.
GROUNDWORK CONTINUES: “Pro / Claim: Living the Baptismal Covenant Today”
Wednesday evenings in November from 7 – 8:15 p.m.
If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m. Dessert and beverages provided.
8 November: Christ in all Persons
15 November: Justice and Peace
DEANERY OF SAN FRANCISCO CONVOCATION
Saturday, 11 November, 9 a.m. to Noon at St. Gregory of Nyssa Church
Parish clergy and representatives will attend the Fall Convocation of the Deanery, which will approve of grants to Deanery ministries, including our Saturday morning food program.
On the eve of Thanksgiving Day, Wednesday, 22 November. Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
SPECIAL THANKSGIVING BRUNCH
Saturday, 25 November, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Program
Help wanted to roast turkeys and to donate vegetables, stuffing, and rolls. Volunteers needed from 8:30 a.m. to Noon to set-up, prepare, serve, and clean-up. Call Joan Carroll at 415-731-6536 to volunteer.
COMING IN DECEMBER:
ADVENT LESSONS AND CAROLS
Advent Sunday, 3 December, 4 p.m.
A festival of music and hymns based on the great “O” Antiphons, featuring the Minister of Music, Choir, and Lectors of All Saints’. Followed by refreshments in the Parish Hall at 5:15 in honor of all newcomers to All Saints’.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 5 November, at 10 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 20 November, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 26 November, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Health Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)