“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
THE FEAST OF SS. FRANCIS AND CLARE
Sunday, 1 October
- The kick-off of the Stewardship Appeal for 2018 at both the 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Masses. See the special materials prepared by Colby Roberts, our Stewardship Officer, for more information.
- The annual Blessing of the Animals in honor of St. Francis in the Parish Garden after both Masses. Please bring your pets or pictures of them to church and the blessing.
- Children’s Chapel meets during the 10 a.m. Mass, with the children joining their families in the church for Holy Communion.
“Pro / Claim: Living the Baptismal Covenant Today”
Based on a curriculum prepared by the Diocese of California for growth in faith and stewardship
Wednesday evenings in October and November, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m. Dessert and beverages provided.
- 4 October: The Dynamics of Faith
- 11 October: The Apostles’ Teaching and Fellowship
- 18 October: Repent and Return to the Lord
- 25 October: The Good News of God in Christ
- 8 November: Christ in all Persons
- 15 November: Justice and Peace
Sunday, 17 September, at the 10 a.m. Mass
Craig Schillig will lead us in a discussion on the resolution to be presented at Diocesan Convention later in the month about the Diocese of California becoming a sanctuary diocese. Copies of the resolution have been sent to the congregation.
ANNUAL CONVENTION OF THE DIOCESE OF CALIFORNIA AT GRACE CATHEDRAL
Friday, 27 October, and Saturday, 28 October
Parish representatives and clergy will attend the annual Convention of the Diocese of California. For more information about the convention visit diocal.org
“REMEMBERING A SUMMER OF LOVE IN THE HAIGHT-ASHBURY”
by Christopher L. Webber, Pastoral Associate
Christopher Webber’s article, “Remembering a Summer of Love in the Haight-Ashbury,” was recently published in the June 2017 issue of Anglican & Episcopal History, a quarterly journal of the Historical Society of the Episcopal Church. Copies of the article are available on the table at the back of the church. Congratulations, Chris!
COMING IN NOVEMBER:
ALL SAINTS’ DAY
Wednesday, 1 November, Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ALL SOULS’ DAY
Thursday, 2 November, Mass with remembrance of the departed at 6 p.m.
Call or write the Church office with the names of the departed you want remembered.
ALL SAINTS’ NAME DAY CELEBRATION
All Saints’ Sunday, 5 November. Regular schedule of Sunday Masses, with a festive reception after the 10 a.m. Mass.
More information to follow in the November Calendar.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting as announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 9 October, at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 1 October, 10 a.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 22 October, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)