“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
ANNUAL PARISH RETREAT
Friday evening, 8 September, to Sunday afternoon, 10 September at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California
- We welcome as the retreat leader Kathleen Bean, our Parish Seminarian from 2016-17, who will return as Parish Intern for 2017-18.
- Jean McMaster, retreat coordinator, sent more information and registration materials over the summer. Please call the church office ASAP if you did not receive them.
CONVOCATION OF THE SAN FRANCISCO DEANERY
Saturday, 16 September, 9 a.m. – Noon at St. Francis Episcopal Church, 399 Fernando Way
Parish clergy and representatives will attend the Fall convocation.
COMMISSIONING OF KATHLEEN BEAN AS PARISH INTERN
Sunday, 17 September, at the 10 a.m. Mass
In preparation for ordination to the priesthood, Kathleen will return as Parish Intern for the 2017-18 academic year, with liturgical, educational and outreach responsibilities. Welcome back, Kathleen!
DIOCESE OF CALIFORNIA CLERGY RETREAT
Monday, 18 September, to Wednesday, 20 September
Parish clergy will attend the annual clergy retreat at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California.
COMING IN OCTOBER
THE FEAST OF SS. FRANCIS AND CLARE
Sunday, 1 October
- The kick-off of the Stewardship Appeal for 2018 at both the 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Masses. See the special materials prepared by Colby Roberts, our Stewardship Officer, and the Vestry for more information.
- The annual Blessing of the Animals in honor of St Francis in the Parish Hall after both Masses. Please bring your pets or pictures of them to church and the blessing.
- The first-Sunday-of-the-month Children’s Chapel reconvenes after summer break in the chapel room and Undercroft. The children will join their families in the church at the Peace for Holy Communion.
Sunday, 8 October, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- Our second of two forums about the Diocese of California becoming a sanctuary diocese. All Saints’ will discuss joining the sanctuary movement in preparation for our clergy and parish representatives to vote on a sanctuary resolution at Diocesan Convention later in the month.
- A copy of the resolution and other materials will be e-mailed to the congregation a week before the forum.
168th CONVENTION OF THE DIOCESE OF CALIFORNIA AT GRACE CATHEDRAL
Friday, 27 October, and Saturday, 28 October
Parish representatives and clergy will attend the annual Convention of the Diocese of California. For more information about the convention visit http://www.diocal.org.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting as announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 11 September, at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel In recess until Sunday, 1 October
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 24 September, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)