“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Summer 2017 (July & August)
Sunday, 2 July, at the 10 a.m. Mass
- Congratulations to Isabella Solares-Horsfield and her parents, Walter Danilo Solares Bolaños and Heather LaFay Horsfield, on Izzy’s baptism.
- Heather and Walter invite everyone to a festive party in the Parish Hall after Mass in celebration of Izzy’s baptism.
Sunday, 9 July, after the 10 a.m. Mass
The Rev. Davidson Bidwell-Waite will lead a forum about the Diocese of California becoming a sanctuary diocese, and All Saints’ joining the sanctuary movement. A sanctuary resolution will be discussed at Diocesan Convention in October.
PARISH PICNIC SUMMER OF LOVE COMMEMORATION
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of All Saints’ Saturday Neighborhood Food Program
Sunday, 16 July, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- All are welcome to give thanks for the ministry of the current and former volunteers of our food program, now sponsored by the Haight-Ashbury Community Services Committee, chaired by Joan Carroll.
- Come to the 10 a.m. Mass for an anniversary blessing and to the picnic in the garden and Parish Hall afterwards.
- The Rector will be on vacation from 24 July to 31 August. During his vacation, the Rev. Thomas W. Traylor, Pastoral Associate, will serve as Priest-in-Charge.
- In case of a pastoral emergency, call the church office and your message will be forwarded to Tom. For routine church business, call Agustín Maes, Parish Administrator, or William Visscher, Minister of Music & Verger, at the church office during regular office hours. As needed, they will forward your calls to Jean McMaster, Senior Warden; or Margaret Taylor, Junior Warden.
Sunday, 15 May
During the summer, Masses will continue to be celebrated Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. with the Rector (until 20 July), Thomas W. Traylor, and Christopher Webber presiding.
THE TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
Sunday, 6 August, regular schedule of Sunday Masses
SUMMER OF LOVE COMMEMORATION
Sunday, 27 August, 4 p.m.
Opera Concert in the Parish Hall
- Singers from the San Francisco Opera Chorus will present selections from the Opera’s Summer of Love program, and the Opera’s 1967 season, with a reception following.
- More information to come by e-mail and flyers in early August by Colby Roberts, a member of the Opera Choir and All Saints’ Stewardship Officer.
COMING IN SEPTEMBER
ANNUAL PARISH RETREAT
at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California
Friday evening, 8 September to Sunday afternoon, 10 September
- We welcome as the retreat leader the Kathleen Bean, our Parish Seminarian from 2016-17, who will return as Parish Intern for 2017-18
- Jean McMaster, retreat coordinator, will send more information and registration materials over the summer.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting as announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 10 July, and Monday, 7 August at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel In recess until 2 October
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 23 July, and Sunday, 27 August at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)