“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
CELEBRATE 113 YEARS OF ALL SAINTS’ WORSHIP AND MINISTRY
ALL SAINTS NAME DAY CELEBRATIONS
ALL SAINTS’ DAY
Tuesday, 1 November, Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ALL SOULS’ DAY
Wednesday, 2 November, Mass with remembrance of the departed at 6 p.m.
ALL SAINTS’ SUNDAY
Sunday, 6 November, Pontifical Mass at 10 a.m.
- The Episcopal Visitation of the Rt. Rev. Marc H. Andrus, Bishop of California, who will preside and preach
- The Baptism of Elke Krengel; the Confirmation of Stuart & Jenn Krengel and James Jennison; and the marriage of James Jennison and Dustin Owens.
- The ingathering of the Stewardship Appeal for 2017. Thank you to Rick Cornelius, our Stewardship Officer, and to all who have generously pledged to support the worship and ministry of All Saints’.
- Children’s Chapel will meet during Mass, which will be followed by a festive reception in the Parish Hall, hosted by the Vestry, James Jennison and Dustin Owens, and the Krengel family.
Welcome to Bishop Marc; and congratulations to Elke, Stuart, Jenn, James, and Dustin!
CONTINUATION OF THE FALL GROUNDWORK EDUCATION SERIES: “Much Ado About Everything”
Wednesday evenings from 7 – 8:15 p.m.
A look at the lives of saints ancient and modern for guidance today. If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
2 November: All Souls’ Day
9 November: Martin of Tours
16 November: C.S. Lewis
30 November: St. Andrew the Apostle
DEANERY OF SAN FRANCISCO CONVOCATION
Saturday, 12 November, 9 a.m. to Noon at St. James Church
Parish clergy and representatives will attend the Fall Convocation of the Deanery, which will include the approval of grants to Deanery ministries.
On the eve of Thanksgiving Day, Wednesday, 23 November. Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
SPECIAL THANKSGIVING BRUNCH
Saturday, 26 November, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Program
Help wanted to roast turkeys and to donate vegetables, stuffing, and rolls. Volunteers needed from 8:30 a.m. to Noon to set-up, prepare, serve, and clean-up. Call Joan Carroll at 415-731-6536 to volunteer.
FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT: ADVENT SUNDAY
Sunday, 27 November
Regular schedule of Sunday Masses
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 6 November
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 21 November, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 27 November, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Health Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)