“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
THE FEAST OF SS. FRANCIS AND CLARE
Sunday, 2 October
- The kick-off of the Stewardship Appeal for 2017 at both the 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Masses. For more information, see the special materials prepared by Rick Cornelius, our Stewardship Officer, at the following link: 2017-stewardship-material-final
- The annual Blessing of the Animals in honor of St. Francis in the Parish Garden after both Masses. Please bring your pets or pictures of them to church and the blessing.
GROUNDWORK EDUCATION SERIES:
“Much Ado About Everything”
Wednesday evenings in October and November, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
A look at the lives of saints ancient and modern for guidance on our lives today. If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
5 October: Francis of Assisi
12 October: Teresa of Avila
19 October: Luke the Evangelist
26 October: Alfred the Great
2 November: All Souls’ Day
9 November: Martin of Tours
16 November: C.S. Lewis
23 November: Eve of Thanksgiving Day (no program)
30 November: St. Andrew the Apostle
Sunday, 9 October, at 10 a.m.
- The first-Sunday-of-the-month Children’s Chapel has been rescheduled for the second Sunday in October.
- Led by Nancy Lawson, in the Chapel Room and the Undercroft. The children will join their families in the church for communion.
167th CONVENTION OF THE DIOCESE OF CALIFORNIA AT GRACE CATHEDRAL
Friday, 14 October, and Saturday, 15 Octobe
- Parish representatives and clergy will attend the annual Convention of the Diocese of California. For more information about the convention visit diocal.org
CELEBRATION OF THE 60th ANNIVERSARY OF THE ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD
of Christopher L. Webber, Pastoral Associate
Sunday, 30 October
- A distinguished priest, author, colleague, and friend, Chris will preside and preach at the 10 a.m. Mass.
- All are welcome to Mass and a reception in his honor in the Parish Hall afterwards. Congratulations, Chris!
COMING IN NOVEMBER:
ALL SAINTS’ DAY
Tuesday, 1 November, Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ALL SOULS’ DAY
Wednesday, 2 November, Mass with remembrance of the departed at 6 p.m.
Call or write the Church office with the names of the departed you want remembered.
ALL SAINTS’ NAME DAY CELEBRATION
All Saints’ Sunday, 6 November, regular schedule of Sunday Masses
The Episcopal Visitation of The Rt. Rev. Marc H. Andrus, Bishop of California, at the 10 a.m. Mass, with Holy Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Matrimony, and a festive reception after Mass.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel Sunday, 9 October, 10 a.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting at the Vestry Retreat at the Waller Center, Saturday, 22 October, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 23 October, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Health Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)