“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Summer 2016 (July & August)
CHALLENGE GRANT TO ALL SAINTS’ FOR THE JACKSON BUILDING FUND
- A generous gift of $10,000 has been given anonymously to All Saints’ as a challenge grant for the Jackson Building Fund. Help us raise at least $10,000 for much needed repairs to the church and rectory.
- More information is available in the letter mailed to the congregation by Chuck Attix, Senior Warden. Thank you for your generosity!
Sunday, 17 July
We will celebrate the baptism of Marley John Joseph Harris-Reich at the 10 a.m. Mass. Marley is the son of Aymen Harris and Vanessa Reich, the grandson of Cynthia Harris, and the great-grandson of Willard Harris. The Harris-Reich family live in Germany and will be returning to San Francisco for a four-generation family reunion. Congratulations to Marley and his family!
THANK YOU PICNIC
FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS AND DONORS OF THE HAIGHT-ASHBURY COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE, SPONSORS OF ALL SAINTS’ SATURDAY MORNING FOOD PROGRAM
Sunday, 24 July, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Hosted by Joan Carroll, Chair of HACSC, at her home, 1412 Sixth Avenue. Please RSVP to Joan at 731-6536 by Thursday, 21 July, so she knows how many to plan for.
- The Rector will be on vacation from 28 July to 2 September. During his vacation, the Rev. Thomas W. Traylor, Pastoral Associate, will serve as Priest-in-Charge.
- In case of a pastoral emergency, call the church office and your message will be forwarded to Tom. For routine church business, call Agustín Maes, Parish Administrator, or William Visscher, Minister of Music & Verger, at the church office during regular office hours. As needed, they will forward your calls to Chuck Attix, Senior Warden; or Margaret Taylor, Junior Warden.
Sunday, 15 May
During the summer, Masses will continue to be celebrated Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. with the Rector (until 27 July), Thomas W. Traylor, and Christopher Webber presiding.
Weekday Masses are Low Masses in the Lady Chapel, lasting about thirty minutes. Special Holy Days this summer are:
- Friday 22 July: Mary Magdalene
- Monday, 25 July: James the Apostle (transferred)
- Friday, 5 August: Eve of The Transfiguration of Our Lord
- Monday, 15 August: Mary the Virgin, Mother of Our Lord
- Wednesday, 24 August: Bartholomew the Apostle
COMING IN SEPTEMBER
ANNUAL PARISH RETREAT
at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California
Friday evening, 9 September to Sunday afternoon, 11 September
- We welcome as the retreat leader the Susan Napoliello, a graduate of the School for Deacons who now serves as a deacon in the Diocese of Northern California
- Jean McMaster, retreat coordinator, will send more information and registration materials over the summer.