“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
ADVENT EDUCATION SERIES
Advent 2015: The Gift of New Hope
Wednesday Evenings, 2, 9, & 16 December, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
- 2 December (for Advent II): Finding New Hope in History, Luke 3:1-6
- 9 December: Joy Breaks Through, Luke 3:7-18
- 16 December: Hope in Unexpected Places, Luke 1:39-55
ADVENT LESSONS AND CAROLS
Sunday, 6 December, 4 p.m.
A festival of music and hymns based on the great “O” Antiphons, featuring the Minister of Music, Choir, and Lectors of All Saints’.
REFRESHMENTS IN THE PARISH HALL at 5:15 p.m.
In honor of all newcomers to All Saints’ over the past year.
Hosted by John Roberts and Kenneth Schmidt, with refreshments by Margaret Taylor.
GIFT OF GIVING
Annual Christmas Appeal
Opportunities for Christmas gifts to All Saints’ for operating expenses, our weekly Saturday morning food program, and the Jackson Building Fund.
Please see the special flyer for more information about our Annual Appeal.
OUR WISHES FOR A MERRY CHRISTMAS AT ALL SAINTS’
Neighborhood Children and Youth Christmas Pageant
Sunday, 20 December, 4 p.m.
The young and young-at-heart begin our celebration of Christmas with a special nativity tableau directed by Nancy Lawson, with carols, refreshments, a visit from Mrs. Claus, and the lighting of the Christmas tree! More information about the pageant and rehearsals will be sent to the children, youth, and their parents.
Christmas Eve: The First Christ Mass
Thursday, 24 December, 9 p.m.
Solemn Mass with the Blessing of the Crèche, followed by a festal reception in the Parish Hall.
Friday, 25 December, 10 a.m.
Low Mass with Hymns, with the Rector reading his selection of the best children’s Christmas story book published in 2015.
Please bring a gift of socks, gloves, scarves, and warm hats to give to guests at our Saturday neighborhood food program. Put them in the green plastic box at the back of the church. (Please do not wrap.)
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 7 December at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program Neighborhood Pageant and Party, Sunday, 20 December, 4 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 27 December, 2 p.m., at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)