“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
SUMMER BOOK CLUB
Season of the Witch by David Talbot
Discussion on Wednesday evening, 9 September*, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Once again, All Saints’ will participate in the San Francisco Public Library’s One City, One Book program. The 11th annual selection is David Talbot’s Season of the Witch. From the San Francisco Public Library website:
From the early days of the Summer of Love in the Haight, through years of murder and mayhem, the city evolved. Through extensive research and personal interviews, Talbot captures a 15-year history never before told in this level of detail. The stories lend themselves to opportunities to revisit this history through exhibits, music, politics and more.
Season of the Witch is available in paperback at your local bookstore or online. If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
*Please note that this date has been changed from 2 September.
ANNUAL PARISH RETREAT at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg, California
Friday evening, 11 September, through Sunday afternoon, 13 September
- We welcome as the retreat leader B. Simon Dinglasan, a member of All Saints’ who is Money Management Caseworker at Lutheran Social Services of Northern California.
- For more information and registration materials, call or e-mail the church office.
SAN FRANCISCO DEANERY CONVOCATION
Saturday, 12 September, from 9 a.m. to Noon
Parish clergy and representatives who are not at the Parish Retreat will attend the convocation at Holy Innocents’ Church, 455 Fair Oaks Street, San Francisco.
16, 23 and 30 September, from 7 -8:15 p.m.
- A discussion based on the Gospel reading for the coming Sunday.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 23 September, to Friday, 25 September
Parish clergy will attend the annual clergy retreat at the Bishop’s Ranch in Healdsburg.
THE FEAST OF ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS (Transferred)
Sunday, 27 September
Regular schedule of Sunday Masses.
COMING IN OCTOBER:
THE FEAST OF SS. FRANCIS AND CLARE
Sunday, 4 October
Regular schedule of Sunday Masses including the kick-off of the Stewardship Appeal for 2016 at the 10 a.m. Mass; the beginning of the first-Sunday-of-the-month Children’s Chapel in the Undercroft during the 10 a.m. Mass; and the annual Blessing of Animals in honor of St. Francis of Assisi in the garden after Mass.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Chapel In recess until Sunday, 4 October
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting As announced
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 14 September, at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 27 September, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Health Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)