“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Summer 2015 (July & August)
THANK YOU PICNIC
Sunday, 19 July, 2 to 6 p.m.
for All Volunteers and Donors of the Haight-Ashbury Community Services Committee, sponsors of All Saints’ Saturday Morning Neighborhood Food Program
Hosted by Joan Carroll, Chair of HACSC, at her home, 1412 Sixth Avenue. Please RSVP to Joan at 731-6536 by Thursday, 16 July so she knows how many to plan for.
- The Rector will be on vacation from 21 July to 28 August. During his vacation, the Rev. Thomas W. Traylor, Pastoral Associate, will serve as Priest-in-Charge, assisted by the Rev. Kenneth J. Powell, Parish Deacon.
- In case of a pastoral emergency, call the church office and your message will be forwarded to Tom or Ken. For routine church business, call Agustín Maes, Parish Administrator, or William Visscher, Minister of Music & Verger, at the church office during regular office hours. As needed, they will forward your calls to Jean McMaster, Senior Warden; or Margaret Taylor, Junior Warden.
COMING IN SEPTEMBER…
SUMMER BOOK CLUB
Season of the Witch by David Talbot; discussion on Wednesday evening, 2 September, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Once again, All Saints’ will participate in the San Francisco Public Library’s One City, One Book program. The 11th annual selection is David Talbot’s Season of the Witch. From the San Francisco Public Library website:
From the early days of the Summer of Love in the Haight, through years of murder and mayhem, the city evolved. Through extensive research and personal interviews, Talbot captures a 15-year history never before told in this level of detail. The stories lend themselves to opportunities to revisit this history through exhibits, music, politics and more.
Season of the Witch is available in paperback at your local bookstore or online.
ANNUAL PARISH RETREAT
- We welcome as the retreat leader Simon Dinglasan, a member of All Saints’ who is Money Management Caseworker at Lutheran Social Services of Northern California.
- Jean McMaster, retreat coordinator, will send more information and registration materials over the summer.
GROUNDWORK RETURNS AFTER A SUMMER RECESS
16 and 30 September, 7 -8:15 p.m.
- A discussion based on the Gospel reading for the coming Sunday
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Children’s Chapel In recess during July, August, and September
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting Monday, 4 May, at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 13 July, and Monday, 10 August at 7 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 26 July, and Sunday, 23 August, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)