“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
The Presentation of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Temple
(Commonly called Candlemas)
Sunday, 1 February, regular Sunday Mass schedule
- In honor of Black History Month. The Rev. Christopher Webber, a Pastoral Associate of the Church of the Incarnation in San Francisco, will preach at the 10 a.m. Mass and lead a forum after refreshments on his book, American to the Backbone: The Life of James W.C. Pennington, the Fugitive Slave Who Became One of the First Black Abolitionists.
- All children are welcome to our First-Sunday-of-the-Month Children’s Chapel program in the Undercroft during the 10 a.m. Mass. The children will join the congregation for Holy Communion.
Sunday, 8 February, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- All are welcome to celebrate another year of our worship and ministry. Reports from the Rector, Officers of the Parish, and the chairs and leaders of all Parish organizations; and the election of four members of the Vestry, two Delegates to Deanery and Diocesan Convention, and a Trustee of the Memorial Fund. A list of nominees and voting members of the Parish will be posted by Sunday, 18 January.
Groundwork Series for Epiphany
“Learning to See the Light of Christ”
Wednesday evenings, 7:00-8:15, 4 and 11 February
- Weekly discussion of the Gospel for the coming Sunday, led by parish clergy and lay leaders.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by a bag supper.
The First Sunday in Lent
Sunday, 22 February
We will inaugurate our 2015 Lenten Appeal, designated this year for tree planting at St. Barnabas Agricultural School in Haiti, with the Rev. Deacon Davidson Bidwell-Waite, diocesan Missioner to Haiti, preaching at the 10 a.m. Mass.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A HOLY LENT AT ALL SAINTS’
Opportunities for worship, service, and education
Shrove Tuesday, 17 February — Mass at 6 p.m., Pancake Supper at 6:30 p.m.
A benefit for our Saturday food program, followed by Compline at 7:15 p.m.
Ash Wednesday, 18 February — Mass at 12:15 p.m., Solemn Mass at 7 p.m.
Imposition of ashes at both Masses.
Habits of the Heart: Our Baptismal Covenant as a Way of Life
Wednesday evening Lenten Series starts on 25 February. Mass with Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m. Bag Supper at 6:30 p.m. Program from 7 – 8:30 p.m. (See 2015 Lenten Series Flyer.)
Haight Ashbury Community Services Program
Every Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon in the Parish Hall. To volunteer call Joan Carroll at (415) 731-6536.
Lenten Devotions at Home
Use the special “2015 Lenten Meditations” booklet by Episcopal Relief and Development for your personal and family prayer.
Sunday, 22 February and 29 March, 2-3 p.m. at San Francisco Health Care home. To volunteer call Myron Chapman at (415) 336-7950.
Reconciliation (Private Confession and Absolution)
By appointment with any of the priests throughout Lent and Holy Week.
Our offering this year will be given to the Episcopal Diocese of Haiti, for St. Barnabas Agricultural School in Terrier Rouge. (See 2015 Lenten Series Flyer.)
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting Monday, 5 January, at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 9 February at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program Children’s Chapel: Sunday, 1 February, at 10 a.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Ashbury Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 22 February, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)