“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
EVE OF THE FEAST OF THE HOLY NAME
31 December (New Year’s Eve) — Low Mass at 6 p.m.
INAUGURATION OF CHILDREN’S CHAPEL
(First Sunday of Each Month)
Sunday, 4 January
- Children’s Chapel during the 10 a.m. Mass, with the children joining us in the church for Holy Communion.
- After the 10 a.m. Mass: the blessing of the Child Care room, renovated by Darien DeLorenzo in memory of the Very Rev. Judith G. Dunlop, D.D.
CELEBRATION OF THE EPIPHANY
At All Saints’ we honor the traditional three days commemorated by Eastern Orthodox Churches
The Manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles
Tuesday, 6 January, Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
The Baptism of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Sunday, 11 January, regular Sunday Mass schedule
The 10 a.m. Mass includes the Renewal of Baptismal Vows and the blessing of the stained glass windows restored on the west side of the church:
St. Martha by Rick and Judy Williams
St. Andrew by Edwin Waite and Davidson Bidwell-Waite
St. Patrick by the Charette family
St. Francis by Dewayne Tully
The Annunciation by Lindsey Crittenden
The Wedding at Cana: Jesus’ First Miracle
Sunday, 18 January, regular Sunday Mass schedule
GROUNDWORK SERIES FOR EPIPHANY
“Learning to See the Light of Christ”
Wednesday evenings, 7:00-8:15, from 14 January through 11 February
- Weekly discussion of the Gospel for the coming Sunday, led by parish clergy and lay leaders.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by a bag supper.
COMING IN FEBRUARY
The Presentation of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Temple
(Commonly called Candlemas)
Sunday, 1 February, regular Sunday Mass schedule
Celebration of Black History Month. The Rev. Christopher Webber, a Pastoral Associate of the Church of the Incarnation in San Francisco, will preach at the 10 a.m. Mass and lead a forum after refreshments on his book, American to the Backbone: The Life of James W.C. Pennington, the Fugitive Slave Who Became One of the First Black Abolitionists.
Sunday, 8 February, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- All are welcome to celebrate another year of our worship and ministry. Reports from the Rector, Officers of the Parish, and the chairs and leaders of all Parish organizations; and the election of four members of the Vestry, two Delegates to Deanery and Diocesan Convention, and a Trustee of the Memorial Fund. A list of nominees and voting members of the Parish will be posted by Sunday, 18 January.
- If you are interested in serving on the vestry, as a trustee, or a parish representative, please contact Jean McMaster at 415-285-9974. As Senior Warden, Jean is chair of the Nominating Committee which will meet on Wednesday, 7 January.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting Monday, 5 January, at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 12 January at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program Children’s Chapel: Sunday, 4 January, at 10 a.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 25 January, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)