“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Celebrate 111 Years of All Saints’ Worship and Ministry!
ALL SAINTS’ NAME DAY CELEBRATION
Eve of All Saints’ Day (All Hallows Eve)
Friday, 31 October
Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
All Saints’ Sunday
Sunday, 2 November
Mass at 8 a.m. and Solemn Mass at 10 a.m.
- At the 10 a.m. Mass we will celebrate the Ingathering of the Stewardship Appeal for 2015 in thanksgiving for your generosity to the worship and ministry of All Saints’.
- We will also bless the refurbished stained glass windows of the Good Shepherd in the Columbarium, and Cecelia on the south side of the church. The blessing of the Good Shepherd window will include the reading of the names of the members and friends of All Saints’ interred in the Columbarium.
- For the postlude at the end of Mass, William Visscher, Minister of Music, will play Cortege et Litanie by Marcel Dupré in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the dedication of the organ in the fall of 1989.
- All are invited after Mass to a festival reception in the Parish Hall hosted by the Officers and Vestry.
All Souls’ Day (transferred)
Monday, 3 November
Low Mass at 6 p.m.
Please call the church office by Sunday, 2 November, at 5 p.m. to give the names of the departed you want remembered at this annual memorial Mass.
Fall Groundwork Series Continues
Wednesday evenings, November 5th, 12th, and 19th
- Reflections on “walking” stories in the Bible, inspired by meditations given by the Rev. Beth Foote at the Parish Retreat in September. If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., bag supper at 6:30 p.m. Please see the special flyer for more information.
Saturday Night Live!
A Game Night in the Parish Hall
Saturday, 15 November from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Bring your family and friends for an evening of games and a potluck dinner in the Parish Hall! Grilled hot dogs and an assortment of games will be provided. If you like you may also bring a favorite game to share!
On the eve of Thanksgiving Day: Wednesday, 26 November
Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
Special Thanksgiving Brunch
Saturday, 29 November, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Help wanted to roast turkeys and to donate vegetables, stuffing, and rolls. Volunteers needed from 8:30 a.m. to Noon to set-up, prepare, serve, and clean-up.
Call Joan Carroll at 415-731-6536 for more information
COMING IN DECEMBER
- Advent Sunday, Sunday, 30 November
- Advent Lessons & Carols, Sunday, 7 December at 4 p.m. Followed by an Open House in the Rectory at 5:15 p.m.
- Children’s Pageant, Sunday, 21 December at 4 p.m.
- Christmas Eve, Wednesday, 24 December, Solemn Mass at 9 p.m.
- Christmas Day, Thursday, 25 December, Low Mass with Hymns at 10 a.m.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 10 November at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program As announced
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 23 November, 2 p.m., at the San Francisco Heath Care home (southeast corner of Baker and Grove Streets)
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting Monday, 3 November, at 7 p.m.