“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
A History of Christianity: The First 3000 Years
We will watch and discuss the acclaimed BBC television series by Diarmaid MacCullough
Wednesday evenings, 7-8:30 p.m. (If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m.; bag supper at 6:30)
4 June — Protestantism: The Evangelical Explosion
11 June — God in the Dock
Diarmaid MacCullough is a history professor at Oxford University whose books on Cranmer, the Reformation, and the history of Christianity have been critically acclaimed. A History of Christianity: The First 3000 Years will reveal the true origins of Christianity and delve into what it means to be a Christian today. Intelligent, thought-provoking and magisterial in its scope.
Day of Pentecost: Whitsunday
Sunday, 8 June
- Regular schedule of Sunday Masses with the reading of the Gospel in many languages at the 10 a.m. Mass in celebration of the outpouring of God’s spirit on all people.
- If you would like to read the Gospel in a language other than English at the 10 a.m. Mass, call the church office by Tuesday, 3 June. Texts are available from the office.
- Children’s Chapel and child care will be provided during the 10 a.m. Mass.
Planning Meeting for Parish Jumble Sale
Sunday, 8 June, following refreshments after the 10 a.m. Mass in the Undercroft
- Volunteers needed to plan, organize, and staff the Parish Jumble Sale scheduled for Saturday, 26 July
- Thank you to Jean McMaster, Senior Warden, for coordinating the sale. To help, speak to Jean at church on Sunday, or call her at 415-285-9974.
All are invited to the Ordination of the Rev. Dan E. Burner to the Priesthood by the Rt. Rev. Marc H. Andrus, Bishop of California
Diocesan Ordination at Grace Cathedral on Saturday, 14 June at 3 p.m.
Dan has served at All Saints’ as a parish intern in 2013, and as a transitional deacon since the beginning of this year. Congratulations to Dan who will preside at his first Mass at All Saints’ the next morning (Sunday, 15 June).
Sunday, 15 June
Regular schedule of Sunday Masses with the Rev. Dan E. Burner presiding at his first Mass as a priest at 10 a.m., which will include the Holy Baptism of Dan’s granddaughter, Emily Maisie Wilson, born 29 April 2013 at Bentonville, Arkansas. Congratulations to Dan, Emily, and Emily’s parents, Sarah and Brandon Wilson!
Children’s Chapel and Child Care Work Day
Saturday, 21 June, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Help clean the church school materials in the former child care room in preparation of its refurbishing over the summer. Come for as long as you can. Refreshments will be provided.
- We will show off our newly renovated space and present our proposals for its use in the fall.
Sunday, 22 June, Regular Sunday Mass Schedule
LBGTQ Pride Parade
Sunday, 29 June, Regular Sunday Mass Schedule
- All are invited to march with Oasis California, starting with an open-air Mass in the Castro. For more information about the Mass and march, and the Oasis booth in the Civic Center on both Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th, please visit https://sites.google.com/site/oasiscainsf
- Volunteer and participate in witness to God’s inclusive love to the LGBTQ community and all other minority people.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 9 June, at 7 p.m.
- Children’s Program as announced
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 15 June, at 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Heath Care home.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Meeting as announced