“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Commissioning of the Rev. Dan Burner as Transitional Deacon at All Saints’
Sunday, 5 January, at the 10 a.m. Mass
- Bishop Andrus has appointed Dan to serve as a volunteer transitional deacon at All Saints’ in preparation for his ordination to the priesthood in June 2014. Dan was ordained a deacon on 7 December 2013 after assisting at All Saints’ as a Parish Intern for six months. Welcome back, Dan!
Celebration of the Epiphany
At All Saints’ we honor the traditional three days commemorated by Eastern Orthodox Churches
- THE MANIFESTATION OF CHRIST TO THE GENTILES Monday, 6 January, Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
- THE BAPTISM OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST Sunday, 12 January, regular Sunday Mass schedule
- THE WEDDING AT CANA: JESUS’ FIRST MIRACLE Sunday, 19 January, regular Sunday Mass schedule
New Groundwork Series for Epiphany: “Learning to See the Light of Christ”
Wednesday Evenings 7:30 to 8:15 p.m., from 15 January to 29 February
- Weekly discussion of the Gospel for the coming Sunday, led by parish clergy, the parish seminarian, and lay leaders.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by a Bag Supper.
COMING IN FEBRUARY:
THE PRESENTATION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN THE TEMPLE (COMMONLY CALLED CANDLEMASS)
Sunday, 2 February, regular Sunday Mass schedule
Sunday, 9 February, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- All are welcome to celebrate another year our our worship and ministry. Reports from the Rector, Officers of the Parish, and the chairs and leaders of all Parish organizations; and the election of three members of the Vestry, two Delegates to the Deanery and Diocesan Convention, and a Trustee of the Memorial Fund. A list of nominees and voting members of the Parish will be posted by Sunday, 20 January.
- If you are interested in serving on the vestry, as a trustee, or a parish representative, please contact John Prescott at 415-441-3695. As Senior Warden, John is chair of the Nominating Committee which will meet in early January.
WEEKDAY MASSES AND EVENING PRAYER IN JANUARY:
Masses Monday through Thursday; Evening Prayer on Fridays.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Second Monday of every month.
- “Godly Play” Children’s Program As announced.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee.
- Eldercare Ministry Fourth Sunday of every month, 2 p.m. at the San Francisco Health Care home.