“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
All Are Welcome to the Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of our Ministry with The Rev. Dr. Kenneth L. Schmidt as Rector of All Saints’
Advent Sunday, 1 December, at the 10 a.m. Mass
The Rt. Rev. William E. Swing, retired Bishop of California, who appointed Kenneth as Rector in 1988, will preside and preach.
Followed by an anniversary reception in the Parish Hall hosted by Vestry and officers.
Advent Lessons & Carols
Sunday, 8 December, 4 p.m.
- A festival of music and hymns based on the great “O” Antiphons, featuring the Minister of Music, Choir, and Lectors of All Saints.
Annual Open House in the Rectory at 5 p.m.
in honor of the 10th anniversary of the ministry of the Rev. Thomas W. Traylor as Pastoral Associate at All Saints’
- Hosted by John Roberts and Kenneth Schmidt, with refreshments by Margaret Taylor.
“The Four Last Things: Death, Judgment, Hell and Heaven”
Wednesday Evenings in Advent from 7 to 8:15 p.m.
- Meditations on the traditional Advent “Four Last Things.”: 4 December: Death; 11 December: Judgment; 18 December: Hell and Heaven.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by Bag Supper at 6:30.
Our Wishes for a Merry Christmas at All Saints’
Advent & Christmas at All Saints’
- Neighborhood Children’s Christmas Pageant, Sunday, 22 December at 3 p.m.: The young and young-at-heart begin our celebration of Christmas with a special nativity tableau directed by Nancy Lawson, with carols, refreshments, and a visit from Mrs. Claus!
- Christmas Eve: The First Christ Mass: Tuesday, 24 December, 9 p.m. Solemn Mass with the Blessing of the Crèche, followed by a festal reception in the Parish Hall. Sermon by the Rev. Thomas W. Traylor, Pastoral Associate
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, 25 December, 10 a.m: Low Mass with Hymns, with the Rector reading his selection of the best children’s Christmas story book published in 2012.
Please bring a gift of new socks to all our Christmas services to give to guests at our Saturday neighborhood food program.
Farewell to The Rev. Margaret Anne Trezevant, Parish Deacon, Sunday, 29 December at the 10 a.m. Mass
- Come to say farewell to Margaret and wish her well in the new ministry she will begin in 2014 as Parish Deacon at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, San Francisco.
- Please see the attached letter from Margaret about her new appointment by Bishop Marc.
WEEKDAY MASSES AND EVENING PRAYER IN DECEMBER:
Masses Monday through Thursday; Evening Prayer on Fridays.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Second Monday of every month.
- “Godly Play” Children’s Program Christmas pageant (see above).
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Fourth Sunday of every month, 2 p.m. at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home