“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Gratitude & Grace & Generosity
Stewardship Appeal for 2014
Kick-Off at the 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Masses, The Feast of SS. Francis and Clare
- Sermon at the 10 a.m. Mass by Br. Simon, Society of St. Francis.
- Both Masses will be followed by the Blessing of Animals in the Parish Garden in honor of St. Francis of Assisi. Please see the special Stewardship brochure by Rick Cornelius for more information about the annual Pledge Drive which will conclude on All Saints’ Sunday, 3 November, at Bishop Andrus’ Episcopal Visitation. Please be generous in your support of our worship and ministry at All Saints’.
“Some of the Saints at All Saints'”
Wednesday evenings from 7 – 8:15 p.m. on 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 October
- Presentations on some of the saints portrayed in the stained glass windows in the church: the Virgin Mary (the Annunciation); Patrick; Elmo; Joseph; and Andrew.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., with lessons appointed for the features saints; bag supper at 6:30.
Convention of the Diocese of California at Grace Cathedral
Friday, 25 October, from 4 – 8 p.m., and Saturday, 26 October, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Parish representatives and clergy will attend the 164th Convention of the Diocese of California. For more information about the convention visit http://www.diocal.org
COMING UP IN NOVEMBER:
All Saints’ Name Day Celebration
- All Saints’ Day, Friday, 1 November: Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
- All Souls’ Day, Saturday, 2 November, Low Mass at 10 a.m.
- All Saints’ Sunday, 3 November: regular schedule of Sunday Masses. The Episcopal Visitation of the Rt. Rev. Marc H. Andrus, with confirmation and Reaffirmation of Faith; Ingathering of the Pledge Appeal for 2014; and the blessing of the restored glass windows.
More information to follow in the November calendar.
WEEKDAY MASSES AND EVENING PRAYER IN OCTOBER:
Masses Monday through Thursday; Evening Prayer on Fridays.
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Second Monday of every month.
- “Godly Play” Children’s Program In recess until December.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Fourth Sunday of every month at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home