“FOR ALL THE SAINTS”
Summer 2013 (June, July, & August)
“Through Whom the Light Shines”
Forum on the stained glass window restoration project.
Corpus Christi, Sunday, 2 June, after the 10 a.m. Mass
- Chaired by John Prescott, Senior Warden, with a presentation by Margaret Taylor, Chair of the Buildings and Grounds Committee.
- Because of several major donations, we are ready to begin Phase I of the project: the repair and restoration of the six windows on the east side of the church. See the special letter from John for more information.
“Followers of the Way”: Faith as a Way of Life
Wednesday evenings throughout June, 7-8:15 p.m.
- Discussions based on the Gospel reading for the coming Sunday, led by parish clergy and laity.
- If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m. followed by bag supper at 6:30.
Forum on the Ministry of Oikocredit
Sunday, 23 June, after the 10 a.m. Mass
Led by Stuart Krengel, Business Development Associate for Oikocredit USA.
Oikocredit is a worldwide financial institution that promotes global justice by using credit to empower disadvantaged people in developing countries. Oikocredit’s partners span sixty-seven countries and their loans affect the lives of over twenty-three million people worldwide.
Stuart came to Oikocredit in 2011 and has recently returned from Senegal, where he visted several of Oikocredit’s projects. Welcome to Stuart and his wife, Jennifer.
LGBT Pride Parade
Sunday, 30 June
Regular Schedule of Sunday Masses
All are invited to march with Oasis California, starting with an open air Mass downtown. For more information about the Mass and march, please visit http://www.oasiscalifornia.org.
Margaret Trezevant, the Parish Deacon, will be on vacation from 1-29 June; and Kenneth Schmidt, the Rector, from 15 July—29 August. During the Rector’s vacation Thomas Traylor will serve as Priest-in-Charge. In case of a pastoral emergency, call the church office and your message will be forwarded to Tom or Margaret. For routine church business, call Agustín Maes, Administrative Assistant, or William Visscher, Verger, during regular office hours.
THANK YOU PICNIC for All Volunteers and Donors of the Haight-Ashbury Community Services Committee, sponsors of All Saints’ Saturday Morning Neighborhood Food Program
Sunday, 14 July, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Hosted by Joan Carroll, Chair of HACSC, at her home, 1412 Sixth Avenue
- RSVP to Joan at 731-6536 by Thursday, 11 July
Weekday Masses and Evening Prayer
From 15 July until 30 August, all weeknight services will be Evening Prayer except for the following Holy Day Masses at 6 p.m.:
- Monday 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene
- Thursday, 25 July: St. James the Apostle
- Thursday, 6 August: The Transfiguration of Our Lord
- Thursday, 15 August: St. Mary the Virgin, Mother of Our Lord
- Friday, 23 August: Eve of St. Bartholomew the Apostle
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Vestry Meeting Second Monday of every month.
- “Godly Play” Children’s Program In recess.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Eldercare Ministry Fourth Sunday of every month at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home