“For All The Saints” — December 2012
Sunday, 2 December
Morning Masses at 8 and 10 a.m.
Advent Lessons & Carols at 4 p.m., based on the “O” Antiphons, featuring All Saints’ Minister of Music, Choir, and Lectors.
Annual Open House in the Rectory at 5:15 p.m., hosted by John Roberts and Kenneth Schmidt, with refreshments by Margaret Taylor.
Opportunities to celebrate Christmas by making gifts to All Saints’ neighborhood food program, the building fund, and general operating expenses. (Please see special flyer for more information.)
“Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus”
Wednesday Evenings in Advent
5, 12, 19 December from 7 to 8:15 p.m.
Meditations on the Gospel reading for the coming Sunday as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas. If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by Bag Supper at 6:30.
Christmas at All Saints’
Neighborhood Children’s Christmas Pageant
Sunday, 16 December, 4 p.m.
The young and young-at-heart begin our celebration of Christmas with a special
nativity tableau directed by Nancy Lawson, with carols, refreshments, and a visit from Mrs. Claus!
Christmas Eve: The First Christ Mass
Monday, 24 December, 9 p.m.
Solemn Mass with the Blessing of the Crèche, followed by a festal reception
in the Parish Hall. Sermon by the Rev. Elizabeth J. Welch, Pastoral Associate.
Tuesday, 25 December, 10 a.m.
Low Mass with Hymns, with the Rector reading his selection of the best children’s Christmas story book published in 2012.
please bring gifts of new socks to all our Christmas services to give to guests at our Saturday neighborhood food program.
Special Feast Day Masses at 6 p.m.
- St. Stephen, Deacon and Martyr, Wednesday, 26 December
- St. John, Apostle and Evangelist, Thursday, 27 December
- The Holy Innocents, Martyrs, Friday, 28 December
- Eve of the Holy Name, Monday, 31 December
- Sunday Masses at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Choir Rehearsal Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- “Godly Play” Children’s Program: Christmas Pageant, Sunday,16 December, 4 p.m.
- Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rector’s Day Off Friday
- Weekday Masses Monday through Thursday at 6 p.m in the Lady Chapel; Evening Prayer on Fridays
- Neighborhood Brunch Program Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, Sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- Vestry Meeting Monday, 3 December at 7 p.m.
- Eldercare Ministry Sunday, 23 December at 2 p.m. at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home.
- Building & Grounds Committee As announced.
All Saints’ Episcopal Church
1350 Waller Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
All Saints’ Mission Statement
All Saints’ is a progressive Episcopal church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. In the name of Jesus, we strive to build a spiritual home rich in worship, parish life, and community service in gratitude for the fullness of God’s love. Please join us in our prayer and work:
Sustain us, O God, in your Holy Spirit. Give us an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works. Amen.