“FOR ALL THE SAINTS” – MAY 2012
Special Liturgies and Events
Continuation of “Fragments of Your Ancient Name” Easter Education Series
Wednesday Evenings, 7 – 8:15 p.m.
A series of Easter meditations on six names for God from Fragments of Your Ancient Name: 365 Glimpses of the Divine for Daily Meditation by Joyce Rupp.
2 May “Good Shepherd” 16 May “Way”
9 May “True Vine” 23 May “Life”
• If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m. and Bag Supper at 6:30
The Rev. Lawrence R. Holben
Priest-in-Charge of St. Barnabas Church in Mount Shasta as our Guest Celebrant and Preacher
Sunday, 6 May, at the 10 a.m. Mass
• A member of All Saints’ from 1995 to 2004, Larry is the author of our parish history For All the Saints: The First Hundred Years of All Saints Episcopal Church, San Francisco, published in 2010.
• Copies of For All the Saints will be on sale in the Parish Hall after Mass ($25) and Larry will be available to sign and personalize copies.
SAN FRANCISCO DEANERY
Saturday, 12 May, 9 a.m. to Noon
Parish representatives and clergy will attend the deanery convocation at St. Gregory of Nyssa Church, 500 De Haro Street.
Sunday, 13 May
Regular schedule of Masses, with the annual blessing of the Parish Garden after the 10 a.m. Mass.
Thursday, 17 May
Low Mass with Hymns at 6 p.m.
ANNUAL NEWCOMERS’ PARTY
Thursday, 22 May, at 7 p.m. in the Parish Rectory
A welcome to all people new to All Saints’ since our party last May.
A special invitation will be sent to all newcomers with more information.
DAY OF PENTECOST
Sunday, 27 May
At the 10 a.m. Mass the Gospel will be read in several languages. If you would like to read the Gospel in a language other than English, please call the Church office by Tuesday, 22 May.
- SUNDAY MASSES at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- “GODLY PLAY” CHILDREN’S PROGRAM As announced
- OFFICE HOURS Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m.—5 p.m.
- WEEKDAY MASSES Monday through Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Lady Chapel; with Evening Prayer on Fridays.
- RECTOR’S DAY OFF Friday
- SATURDAY NEIGHBORHOOD BRUNCH PROGRAM — 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, Sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- VESTRY MEETING Monday, 7 May at 7 p.m.
- BUILDING & GROUNDS COMMITTEE Tuesday, 22 May at 7 p.m.
- ELDERCARE MINISTRY Sunday, 27 May at 2 p.m. at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home