“FOR ALL THE SAINTS” — MARCH 2012
Special Liturgies and Events
“Healing a Hurting World”
Wednesday evenings from 29 February to 28 March
7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
Led by Margaret Trezevant, Parish Deacon and
Edwin Waite, All Saints’ Millennium Development Goals Coordinator
- We will use materials provided by Episcopal Relief & Development for Bible study, reflection, and discussions to explore how we can become agents of healing in a hurting world.
- If you can come early: Mass with Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m., bag supper at 6:45 p.m.
- Please use the booklet Lenten Meditations with a meditation for each day of Lent for your personal and family devotions at home or work.
LENTEN NETS FOR LIFE CAMPAIGN
- The Episcopal Church encourages each congregation to give .07% of its operating budget for Nets for Life, supported by Episcopal Relief & Development. For All Saints’ .07% equals $1,523.00, which provides 130 mosquito nets at $12.00 each to help eradicate malaria in seventeen countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Opportunities to donate a net will be available on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY.
Looking Ahead to April:
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A BLESSED
AND A HAPPY
SUNDAY OF THE PASSION: PALM SUNDAY–Sunday, 1 April
- Mass with Blessing of Palms at 8 a.m.
- Solemn Mass with Liturgy of the Palms and Passion Gospel at 10 a.m.
MONDAY, TUESDAY, & WEDNESDAY IN HOLY WEEK–2, 3, 4 April
- Mass at 6 p.m
MAUNDY THURSDAY–5 April
- Solemn Mass with Foot Washing at 7 p.m. followed by the Stripping of the Altar. The church will be open for the Watch at the Altar of Repose from 8:30 -10 p.m.
GOOD FRIDAY–6 April
- Watch at the Altar of Repose; 6 a.m.–Noon; Stations of the Cross at 12:15 p.m. The church will be open for prayer and Rite of Reconciliation until 3 p.m.
- Mass of the Pre-Sanctified with Passion Gospel and Veneration at 7 p.m.
HOLY SATURDAY & EASTER EVE–7 April
- Office of the Lord’s Burial at 10 a.m.
- The Great Vigil of Easter at 9 p.m., followed by Festal Reception
EASTER DAY–8 April
- Mass at 8 a.m.
- Solemn Mass at 10 a.m., followed by Easter Egg Hunt in the Parish Garden
- SUNDAY MASSES at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- “GODLY PLAY” CHILDREN’S PROGRAM Special events as announced
- OFFICE HOURS Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- WEEKDAY MASSES at 6 p.m. in the Lady Chapel, Monday through Thursday, with Evening Prayer on Friday
- RECTOR’S DAY OFF Friday
- SATURDAY NEIGHBORHOOD BRUNCH PROGRAM 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, Sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
- VESTRY MEETING Monday, 12 March at 7 p.m.
- ELDERCARE MINISTRY Sunday, 24 March at 2 p.m. at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home
- BUILDING AND GROUNDS COMMITTEE Tuesday, 27 March, 7 p.m.
ALL SAINTS’ EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1350 Waller Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
ALL SAINTS’ MISSION STATEMENT
All Saints’ is a progressive Episcopal church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. In the name of Jesus, we strive to build a spiritual home rich in worship, parish life, and community service in gratitude for the fullness of God’s love. Please join us in our prayer and work:
Sustain us, O God, in your Holy Spirit. Give us an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works. Amen.