“FOR ALL THE SAINTS” — FEBRUARY 2012
Special Liturgies and Events
2012 ANNUAL MEETING
FEAST OF THE PRESENTATION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN THE TEMPLE (transferred from 2 February)
Sunday, 5 February
Regular Schedule of Sunday Masses
• The 10 a.m. Mass will be followed by the parish Annual Meeting. All are welcome to celebrate another year of our worship and ministry. The meeting includes reports by the Rector and Officers of the parish, and the election of members of the Vestry, parish representatives to the San Francisco Deanery and Diocesan Convention, and a trustee of the Memorial Fund.
• A list of voting members of the parish has been posted on the bulletin board in the Parish Hall.
• Refreshments will be hosted by the Vestry and Officers of the church.
• Our Parish Deacon, Margaret Trezevant, and Edwin Waite, All Saints’ Millennium Development Goals Coordinator, will introduce the special Lenten Series and Nets for Life initiative: “Healing a Hurting World”
“THE LIGHT OF CHRIST”
Wednesday evenings: 1, 8, and 15 February
• An opportunity to dig deep for change and growth as we study the Gospel reading for the coming Sunday.
• If you can come early: Mass at 6 p.m., followed by a bag supper
• Program from 7 – 8:15 p.m.
Please join us for a
HOLY LENT AT ALL SAINTS’
Opportunities for worship, service, and education
Shrove Tuesday, 21 February
Pancake Supper at 6:30pm – a benefit of our Saturday food program
Compline at 7:15pm
Ash Wednesday, 22 February
Mass at 12:15pm
Solemn Mass at 7pm
Imposition of Ashes at both masses
“Healing a Hurting World”
Wednesday Evenng Lenten Series
Starting on 29 February
Mass with Stations of the Cross at 6pm
Bag Supper at 6:45pm
Program from 7:15 to 8:30pm
• SUNDAY MASSES at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
• CHOIR REHEARSAL Sundays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
• “GODLY PLAY” CHILDREN’S PROGRAM Special events as announced
• OFFICE HOURS Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
• WEEKDAY MASSES at 6 p.m. in the Lady Chapel, Monday through Thursday, with Evening Prayer on Friday
• RECTOR’S DAY OFF Friday
• SATURDAY NEIGHBORHOOD BRUNCH PROGRAM 10:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall, Sponsored by the Haight Community Services Committee
• VESTRY MEETING Monday, 13 February at 7 p.m.
• ELDERCARE MINISTRY Sunday, 26 February at 2 p.m. at the Grove Street Extended Care & Living Home
• BUILDING AND GROUNDS COMMITTEE Tuesday, 28 February, 7 p.m.
ALL SAINTS’ EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1350 Waller Street • San Francisco, CA 94117
Telephone 415.621.1862 • Facsimile 415.624.7008
ALL SAINTS’ MISSION STATEMENT
All Saints’ is a progressive Episcopal church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. In the name of Jesus, we strive to build a spiritual home rich in worship, parish life, and community service in gratitude for the fullness of God’s love. Please join us in our prayer and work:
Sustain us, O God, in your Holy Spirit. Give us an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works. Amen.